Sarah is a fully HCPC registered Art Psychotherapist.
Having graduated her MA in Art Therapy with a Distinction, she has worked within a range of school-based settings, hospitals, community situations and in a hospice environment. Sarah predominantly works with traditional closed sessions but also facilitates and holds an open group for community patients living with complex health needs.
Sarah holds a strong belief in the power that art holds, when witnessed within a therapeutic environment, in enabling a story to be told.
Since the start of her career, Sarah has worked within an array of educational establishments. Teaching Art, Design and Photography alongside fostering the pastoral welfare of the students and staff entrusted to her care.
Art Therapy Career Summary
Grief Encounter – 2018 until Current
- Working with parentally bereaved children, adolescents, and bereaved adults within a long-term, closed session model
- Working as a Lead Practitioner within the service (since September 2021) assessing families and supporting them throughout their journey with Grief Encounter
‘Tottenham Talking’ – Barnet, Enfield and Haringey NHS Mental Health Trust – Jan 2021 to May 2021 (fixed term contract)and then again from October 2021 – Current
- Facilitating an on-line and face-to-face art therapy group for community/inpatient adult mental health patients
- Collaborating within a multidisciplinary team in developing and reviewing the provision for discharged patients
NESSie – Art Therapy Children’s Service – Sept 2021 – Current
- Providing on-line one to one art therapy sessions to a range of vulnerable children and adolescent clients
- Curating and delivering Whole School Wellbeing Projects/Transition Projects for Year 6 secondary transfer students
Art Therapy for Children – Sept 2020 – Current
- Art therapy sessions with primary school aged children within the short/long-term offering closed session
- Formulating, reflecting, delivering and reviewing time limit art therapy interventions
The Small Studio – Private Practice – July 2020 until Current
- Working with a range of private clients within short/long-term, within a closed session model in person and online
‘MAP Pathway’ at St Ann’s Hospital – (Mood, Anxiety and Personality Disorder Pathway) – Barnet, Enfield and Haringey NHS Mental Health Trust – October 2021 – May 2022 (fixed term contract)
- Facilitating two psychodynamic Art Therapy Groups for Community adult mental health patients; the Art Therapy Nurture Group and the Art Therapy Momentum Group
- Working one-to-one with community patients on the MAP pathway offering psychodynamic art therapy sessions, within the hospital as part of the MDT within MAP
Isabel Hospice – Sept 2020 until July 2021
- Offering one to one art therapy sessions to hospice patients and their families in IPU (In Patient Unit)
- Enabling an open art therapy space for staff of Isabel in conjunction with co-facilitating the Schwartz Round to support clinical and non clinical staff of the hospice
The Teapot Trust at Great Ormond Street Hospital 2nd Year Placement Experience – 2018-2019
- Working in a clinic offering an ‘Open Table’ Art Therapy opportunity, for patients and their parents/carers
- Research Assistant to the ‘Open Table’ model with the charitable organisation, to support a Literature Review
- Placement Essay exploring the dynamics of the placement setting and its relationship to the art therapy provision
Place2Be 1st Year Placement Experience – 2017-2018
- Working with a range of referrals with primary aged children in a closed sessions model, over the course of a year
- Video Essay exploring and reflecting upon the wider social context of Art Therapy within the Psychotherapy sector
- Reflectional Blog Posts, Literature Reviews and a verbal and visual presentation upon experimental group participation